Friday, August 21, 2009

Andover



This is the bicycle ride I completed today. I had a couple of hours recovery - eating and bathing - before it was time to head to the theatre and get ready for tonight's preview show. The good news is that even after the physical exertions of a day like that I can remember what I'm supposed to be saying. Well... most of it. I'm knackered now though. And I think the performance was a bit below par but not because of tiredness... I think after a few days off I expended so much energy remembering stuff that I wasn't quite as in-the-moment as I'd like.

Incidenatlly... a while back I wrote about seeing myself on google streetview - and many people accused me of making it up and simply refused to believe it was me. (Wouldn't that be an odd thing to invent?) Anyway... I saw another google streetview car today. I was on the A30, on the other side of Basingstoke and approaching the Kempshott roundabout. Maybe when this stretch of road is added you'll see me there, I'll be the cyclist in the red top and with pain etched across his digitally blurred face. Time to sleep.

7 comments:

Steve A said...

Re your old Google streetview self sighting - Now you can't say something like that without giving those of us who didn't read your original post a chance to see for ourselves! Where did you see yourself?

Sevard Montreal said...

@ Steve A - why don't you try googling "Dave Gorman on Google Streetview" and you will come up with this link:

http://gormano.blogspot.com/2009/03/wheres-wally.html

Fran, Andovian. said...

Hi Dave, I was at the Andover gig last night and felt that it was far from below par from my viewpoint.... though I'd rather see Dave Gorman.

Anonymous said...

The buzz afterwards was great and I think everyone had a great night. I laughed so hard that I got hunger half way home and had to stop for some chips.

Lee

Dave Gorman said...

@Fran & Anonymous: I'm not pretending it went badly - but the point of previews is for me to learn about the show and to make improvements and I guess I'm frustrated because I know I forgot some of the subtle touches that I'd learned and added in Porthcawl. Nothing that a few shows won't put back.

Anonymous said...

Well done on the training Mr G. The long rides alone are impressive enough.

I would also like to extend my thanks as reading your blog has inspired me to get off my ample butt buy a bike and take up (very gentle at present) cycling. Who knew there are moments when it can be so enjoyable. Watch out for Horseflies though.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, Your Friday show in Andover was great. You may be self critical, but it was funny from start to finish. will check in on you blog from time to time, good luck with all the cycling.

Adam